nuffnang1

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

*SP SOLO COMP 07*

it was around 4.30pm,
when i was called to go back to band room
to prepare for the SOLO comp.

i was still deciding to
PLAY or not to PLAY.

darn it.

fickle minded.
coz, i've only practice the score
3 times. =x

once we placed our instrument,
went to have dinner at KFC.
i was still deciding.
somehow rather,
jenny and yimei
finaly convinced me to play.

practice over the 'cadenza' part.
omg.
i cant get the low b!
shit man...

soon by 7pm,
the competition started.

we drew lots
and i was seventh in line.

the distance between
the judges and solo-ist

OMG lah!!!

soon,
it was my turn.
i was shivering.
the same feeling i had
when i had to stand and play
glenn miller tenor
solo during SWS final rehearsal.
but that time,
i end up not playing the solo
for concert.
so i wasnt nervous.

i just feel that by joining
this comp,
it will test my confidence level
and overcome my stage fright.

so i went in and face
the three judges.
Mr Leanord Tan (lao ban), Mr samad
and Mr Lim Lit Hua.

i went over to the table
and pass a copy of the
song i was about to play.

DEUX MOUVEMENTS
mov.1 complainte.

first comment was from mr samad:
" nice earings"
mr lim :
" thats not earings, it's studs"

*mini-arguement*

me:
" excuse me, may i start? "
*wide smile*

okok....
i wasnt being rude,
coz, i initial thought after playing
i can leave.
KY was waiting for me at FC5.
=_=!

anyways,
i started playing.
*breathe*
.
.
.
.
.
.

*ends*

felt good that i manage to play
ALL!!!
though there were parts where i skipped...
lol.
DARN LOW B!!!!

i had achieved my goal!
=)

-COMMENTS-

laobao:
*stunned*
"your tone....."

Mr lim:
"i wrote in my comment that....
u have a silky tone."

mr samad:
"yes. you are the first single reed
instrument we've heard all day who have
a clear pure tone."

*Mr Lim hi-5ed Mr Samad*

me:
*stunned*

laoban:
"i didnt know you can play......
During combined practice,
u didnt play out. you should have....."
*speechless*

me:
*speechless*
*lost*

laoban:
"i really like your tone and your vibrato was
beautiful...."

me:
*wide smile*

it wasnt 'all' good comments.

i was shoot on my phrasing of some parts,
chaging of some notes was not smooth enough,
and my rubato.... was no tempo-ed.
lolx.

mr samad:
"have faith in yourself. you have alot of potential."
*giggle*
"omg. i sound like paula abdul!!"

me:
=_=!!


i walked out of the band room.
i felt a huge load being lifted.
OMG!
i've done it.
i've overcomed my fears!!!

soon,
everyone was done.
all 12 contestants.
most of them are superb!
omg.
yueyuan!! wow!!!!!!

i was pretty in a rush to leave.
KY was waiting for me!
=_=!

had a mini break in between.
participants waiting outside anxiously.
=x

soon,
after the judges decided the winner,
he called everyone into the band room.
as usual,
*speech*

i was just happy that i received positive
comments from them.

then he announced

3rd placing:
5d!!

haha. since then i knew i have no chance.
5d is PRO!
i was so happy for him...
then... laoban said:

"the 2nd place goes to.... a piece called
complainte by alto sax solo....."

and pointed to me!

omfg.

my jaw dropped to the floor.
i was utterly shocked.
i almost felt like puking.

i heard 5d saying "uh"
loudly.
lol.
everyone was surprised.
INCLUDING me.

sumo won the comp. =)

getting 2nd was just an icing on the cake.
i felt very...... happy?
lol.....

i quickly went off.

*speechless*

met KY and i could not hide my feelings!
omg!

ARGH!!!!

OMG!!!!!

2nd????

OMG!!!!

i think he was shocked.

i looked like a mad man.

i immediately called betty.
she was damn shocked and happy.
and so i qoute
"i'm proud of you".

and i called/sms those who have
helped me in one way or another;
friends like chole, april,
caleb, karen, alice and justin.
karen was screaming at the phone.

i didnt know
who was the one who's supposed to
be dilirious.
lol.
=_=!!

PEACE OUT!

No comments: